Steel core piles are piles of solid steel that are installed in sunken steel tube casings. The tube casings are drilled down through the loose materials and into firm rock. The space between the casing and the steel core is filled with poured concrete mortar. This type of pile can withstand tension loads if the core is drilled further into the rock.
Dimensions from Ø50 to Ø180 delivered from stock, workshop deliveries from Ø190 to Ø230.
This type of pile is best suited when there:
• is restricted space for piling
• are blocks and infill material
• is a need for simultaneous execution
• is slanting/difficult rock
• is little side support above the rock
• is a need for tension capacity